Credit Union Australia (CUA)’s Toowoomba branch launched its new Community Hub on Thursday, 8 June.

CUA’s goal in opening the hub is to encourage local community engagement by providing open space, free of charge, to the people of Toowoomba and surrounding areas.

Exquisitely designed, the hub has a community hall, which can be used for meetings and exhibitions; a showcase space, which can be used for displays and promotions, and the Foundry and the Range rooms, which will be available for private meetings.

The site, which will also be utilized during the city’s Saturday markets, will be available for one-off events or for bookings on a more regular basis.

CUA’s regional sales manager Debbie Munt says about 60 percent of the space is being taken up by the community hub with the other 40 percent is used for banking.

“We have got showcase space where there will be different pop-up shops,” said Munt.

“The space can also be used by local artists to display their works or by small businesses

just starting up to show what they are doing. We have already had a lot of bookings, so I am confident the idea is going to prove very popular.”

A distinguished crowd — headed by the Federal Member for Groom Dr John McVeigh and Toowoomba Regional Council Mayor Paul Antonio — attended the opening.

Founded in 1946, CUA has grown to become the largest member-owned financial institution in Australia, as well as the nation’s largest credit union.

See socials from the launch of Toowoomba’s Farmers Market here.

 

Banner Image: Megan Pollock, Lauren Hope, Katie Goodall

Share Button