Spring is the season for picnics, garden parties, and gatherings, and this delicious salad is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, and easy to prepare in advance, recipe courtesy of Grand Central Shopping Centre.
Beef + Pumpkin Pasta
- 600g beef rump steak, trimmed
- 800g pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 250g farfalle pasta
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 125g fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced, line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray, spray with olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions, or until al dente, adding beans for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan or char grill over a high heat. Brush steak with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Cook steak for 2 to 3 minutes each side, for medium. Transfer to a clean board, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak across the grain.
4. Toss pasta, beans, pumpkin, steak, spinach, ricotta and remaining olive oil together. Serve garnished with pine nuts.