This healthy, homemade granola is the perfect start to a morning, packed with energy and nutrition. This delicious breakfast is from Richard Kerrigan’s The Beach Life‘. Make a big batch and keep stored for quick and easy, healthy mornings.
Homemade Granola with Stone Fruit and Greek Yoghurt
6 cups of rolled porridge oats
1 cup of goji berries
1 cup of pepitas or sunflower seeds
1 cup of shredded coconut flakes
1 cup of dry roasted almonds
1/2 cup of cocoa nibs
1/2 cup of flax seeds or linseeds
2 to 3 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Preheat your oven to 180°c. Combine porridge oats, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and cinnamon powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Spread the mix evenly over an oven tray lined with grease-proof paper and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. After 8 to 10 minutes, spread the mixture around, ensuring the bottom is now near to the top then return to the oven.
- Once cooked, add the cacao nibs, goji berries, coconut flakes and dry roasted almonds. Add these at the end of the cooking process.
- Allow the mix to cool, then pour into a glass jar with a sealed lid.
- Serve 30 g of granola with half a stone fruit (plums, nectarine, peach etc.) and 2 spoons of Greek yoghurt. Sprinkle some extra cinnamon powder over the top for an extra kick.
For more healthy recipes like this, follow Richard Kerrigan The Beach Life on Instagram @rkthebeachlife’