These tender lamb kebabs burst with fresh notes of oregano and parsley. Serving them with pita bread and tabouli makes for a hearty meal.
Published on September 13, 2017
- 750 g boneless lamb cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves, torn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked
- 2 packets pocket pita breads
- 2 tubs tabouli
- 1 bottle chilli and garlic sauce
- Place the lamb cubes in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix to coat the lamb well. Cover and marinatein refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Thread 5–6 pieces of lamb onto each skewer. Retain the marinade.
- Place kebabs on a tray. Take to barbeque area with breads, tabouli and remaining marinade.
- Prepare the barbeque grill or hotplate for direct-heat cooking. Heat to high and oil well.
- Place on the kebabs. Cook and turn when needed. Baste frequently with the remaining marinade.
- Cook for 4–6 minutes on each side. Do not overcook. Meat should feel springy when pressed. P
- lace the pocket pita breads at the side of the barbeque plate to warm up.
- Serve on a pita bread and spoon in a good serving of tabouli. Add kebab skewer and a squeeze of the chilli and garlic sauce