Hearty stuffed chicken with melted mozzarella cheese alone is a scrumptious combination. If you add spicy cauliflower rice to the plate, dinner is definitely served. Mix in some spicy Moroccan flavours and lime to create an ultimate, tantalising taste-bud journey.
Stuffed Chicken with Spicy Cauliflower Rice
2 skinless chicken breasts
8 sun dried tomatoes
2 tsp of pesto
4 slices of mozarella
1/2 head of cauliflower
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp of moroccan spice
1/2 bunch of fresh, flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp of tomato puree
8 cocktail sticks
- Preheat your oven to 200°c.
- Trim excess fat and skin from the chicken breasts, then lay it on its side. Cut a slit in the chicken, creating a large pocket, then spread pesto inside.
- Fill the pocket with four sun dried tomatoes and two slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Close the pocket and push four cocktail sticks through the gap, sealing the ingredients in. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Finely slice or grate the head of the cauliflower, as finely as possible.
- In a pan, cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil, then add the cauliflower rice along with the Moroccan spice. Finish with a drizzle of water and a teaspoon of tomato puree and cook for two to three minutes. Remove from the heat and fold in parsley.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the cocktail skewers, then slice the chicken on an angle and place on top of cauliflower rice. Serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
For more healthy recipes like this follow Richard Kerrigan The Beach Life on Instagram @rkthebeachlife