White Christmas with a twist
Published on November 23, 2017
Here’s a great Christmas treat modified for fussy family members who don’t like the glacé cherries and nuts in traditional White Christmas Slice. Included instead are red and green lollies and Maltesers to please young tastebuds.
Recipe by Samantha Heathwood, co-presenter at Nine News Regional Queensland.
- 24 red and green mini cupcake cases
- 2 x 225g packet of white chocolate melts
- 6 red snakes finely chopped
- 6 green snakes finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of mini marshmallows
- 140g bag of Maltesers
- Place 24 red and green cupcake cups on a tray.
- Place one Malteser in each cup.
- Put white chocolate melts in a large bowl and place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and repeat at 30 second intervals until all melted.
- Add the diced snakes and marshmallows and mix well with a spoon.
- Divide the mixture between the 24 cups, covering the Maltesers.
- Place the tray in the fridge and refrigerate for two hours. Can be stored in a container in the fridge for up to a week.
Makes 24 mini cupcake-sized treats.