It is hard to top lamb for springtime catering, and the refreshing grapefruit salad that accompanies these lamb chops is a surefire hit, recipe courtesy of Grand Central Shopping Centre.
Za’atar Lamb + Grapefruit
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 1 tbsp za’atar spice blend
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
1. Preheat oven grill to medium-high. Arrange lamb loin chops on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Combine za’atar with sesame seeds and salt. Sprinkle over lamb chops. Grill in top third of oven until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of lamb reads 60° for rare.
2. Remove segments from grapefruits, reserving juice separately. Toss baby spinach with grapefruit segments, parsley and pine nuts in a large bowl.
3. Whisk 3 tbsp reserved grapefruit juice with olive oil, water, apple-cider vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Drizzle salad with dressing just before serving.
Tip: Make your own za’atar by mixing 3 tbsp thyme with 3 tbsp sesame seeds, 2 tsp sumac or lemon zest, and 1/2 tsp sea salt.