I was met by a Kamalaya Wellness Resort car/driver at the Koh Samui airport after my flight from Brisbane via Singapore.
Around 40 minutes we were a the Resort and I was checked into my Sea View Suite and had my first Vital Oil Massage at 4pm – a great way to recover from the flights. Tip – arrive early in the day to orientate yourself and get the most out of your package.
I chose the Optimal Fitness Program for 10 nights that had a number of terrific inclusions as follows:
- Accommodation for 10 nights
- 10 Day x Full board (3 Kamalaya meals per day, à la carte or set menu)
- 10 Day x All beverages, excluding imported drinks and alcohol
- 1 x Wellness Consultation
- 1 x Body Bio-impedance Analysis (BIA)
- 1 x 60 mins Fitness Evaluation
- 1 x 90 mins Lymphatic Drainage Therapy
- 8 x 60 mins Personal Training sessions
- 8 x 30 mins Far Infrared Sauna
- 2 x 90 mins Vital Essence Oil Massage
- 2 x 90 mins Thai Traditional Massage
- 1 x 60 mins Traditional Asian Foot Massage
- 1 x 60 mins Indian Head Massage
- 1 x mid Wellness Consultation
- 1 x follow-up Wellness Consultation
- Use of Steam Cavern, swimming pool, plunge pools and Shakti Fitness Centre
- Complimentary attendance to scheduled daily holistic fitness activities
- 1 x Wellness gift pack
- Round trip airport transfer from Samui Airport
- Tropical welcome drink upon arrival
- Rates include 10% service charge & 7% tax.
One of the advantages of a destination spa package is that it is an all up payment and the only extra you need to pay when you check out is if you choose to do extra treatments. Plus I did not leave the resort during my stay so saved money on shopping!
A typical day for me started heading up the stairs to the Yoga Pavilion – I always made sure I was early to grab a spot with the view and under the overhead fan!
So by nightfall and a good evening dinner (without alcohol) I headed to my room and enjoyed a good 7-8 hours sleep each night waking up to views of the resort and the sea from my Sea View Suite – life was pretty good!