Maranoa Regional Council last month endorsed 10 community projects to receive funding for the Community Grants Program – Round 2.
The successful local projects were awarded $73,414 in their bid to deliver projects which will enhance the liveability of the Maranoa region. Councillor Peter Flynn Portfolio Chair for Events and Community Development said the program assists eligible organisations to undertake projects, events or activities. “Council is proud to support community projects, with the highest number of grants approved to date.” Cr Flynn said. “The 10 projects, events or activities are a fantastic way to showcase the region’s diversity with real, local benefits.”
Successful projects include:
1. Amby Progress Association – $5,252 Power connection for Amby Golf Club House
2. Injune Community Development Association – $9,400 All weather car park at Possum Park
3. Injune Hospital Auxiliary – $500 Purchase of fire blankets and creative recreational program for residents
4. Injune Race Club – $12,192 Possum Park Kitchen Upgrade
5. Maranoa Charity Rodeo – $5,050 Rodeo School and Boot-camp to be held in Surat during the June/July school holidays
6. Maranoa Team Penning – $7,810 2014 Roma Charity Rodeo
7. Mitchell State School P&C – $8,010 Mi Kitchen Garden Stage 3
8. Surat Bowls Club – $9,000 Improved Lighting for Night Bowls
9. Surat Ladies Bowling Club – $1,200 Installation of New Industrial Kitchen Sink
10. Wallumbilla Heritage Association – $15,000 Improvements to Railway Buildings
Organisations are encouraged to plan ahead for the next round of Community Grants for 2014/15.
For further information on Community Grants contact your Local Development Officer on 1300 007 662 or visit www.maranoa.qld.gov.au.