Queensland residents are being urged to celebrate outstanding young people in the region by nominating them in the Queensland Young Achiever Awards. The inaugural event aims to acknowledge, encourage and promote the achievement of everyone up to the age of 29 who deserves to be recognised. This is a great opportunity for young regional Queenslanders to be recognised on the national stage.
Nominations are open until Friday 29 January across eight categories:
- The Coffee Club Arts and Fashion Award
- AustralianSuper Career Kick Start Award
- Fly Online Achievement Award
- Wade Sawmill Environment and Sustainability Award
- BP Print Leadership Award
- Kennelly Constructions Aboriginal Achievement Award
- Access Community Services – Multicultural Youth Queensland (MyQ) Cultural Diversity Award
- The University of Queensland Create Change Award
Category winners will receive $2000 as well as a trophy, with the Overall Queensland Young Achiever of the Year wining an additional $2000. A certificate of achievement will be awarded to all nominees recognising their extraordinary commitment to their chosen field or endeavour.
The awards will culminate with a Gala Presentation Dinner on May 20, 2016 at Royal on the Park Hotel in Brisbane.
For more information or to nominate someone, visit the Awards Australia website.
Words by Gemma Easton
Image from the Queensland Young Achiever Awards website