Jelly Belly is showcasing the flavoursome beans in a fun way that will tickle your taste buds silly with a new pavlova recipe perfect to add to your Australia Day menu.
Australia Day Pavlova
4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp white vinegar
2 drops vanilla essence
300ml thickened cream, whipped
Jelly Belly beans to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Line a large tray with baking paper.
2. With two electric beaters, beat egg whites in a large clean bowl until sift peaks form. Slowly beat in sugar 1/4 cup at a time, until meringue is stiff and glossy. Sprinkle over cornflour, vinegar and vanilla, and fold in lightly with a metal spoon.
3. Trace an outline of a map of Australia (perfect for the kids to do) on the prepared baking tray. Don’t forget Tasmania!
4. Pile meringue into the centre of the map and gently push out to edges, keeping the Australia shape. Top with any remaining meringue and pile as high as you can.
5. Reduce heat to 150°C or 130°C fan forced, and cook for 30-35 minutes until slightly golden. Turn off the oven and leave the pavlova to cool completely.
6. Spread with whipped cream and decorate with Jelly Belly jelly beans for the states and territories. Dust with icing sugar if desired.