As part of Kids in the Kitchen, Toowoomba’s Grand Central has provided little chefs with a range of fun, easy recipes. These carrot cake energy bites are a delicious and healthy treat and perfect for lunchboxes.
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger dried
- desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place carrots in a sturdy food processor and blitz until very finely chopped
- Add the remaining ingredients, except of the desiccated coconut and blitz until mixture comes together in a large ball. This will take about five minutes.
- Form into balls and roll in the coconut and refrigerate to set.