As part of Kids in the Kitchen, Toowoomba’s Grand Central has provided little chefs with a range of fun, easy recipes. These nut free chocolate crackle balls are a sure to be a hit!
Nut-Free Chocolate Crackles
- 1/2 cup of hulled tahini
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1. Place tahini and honey into a bowl and mix to combine.
2. Add the cacao, vanilla and salt and mix to combine.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
4. Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls and place the balls int0 the fridge to set.
- Try rice malt or maple syrup instead of honey
- No vanilla extract? Replace it with maple syrup.
- You may find it easier to roll the balls with slightly damp hands or hands dusted with cacao.