Marry the land and sea in these succulent prawns, wrapped in prosciutto for a hearty, savoury meal. Paired with rocket aioli, it’s the perfect dish for spring and summer.
- 24 large green king prawns, with middle section peeled and de-veined
- 24 skewers
- 12-24 slices prosciutto (depending on how long each slice is)
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blanched and well-drained rocket
- 125 ml olive oil
- Take each prawn and thread it onto a skewer starting from the tail. Roll each prawn in prosciutto so as to cover all the prawn. The size of the slice of prosciutto will depend on the size of the prawns being used.
- Store on a covered plate in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cook the prawns on a medium-hot flat barbeque plate, turning regularly for even cooking. When the top (head end) of the prawns are completely white, they are ready to eat. The prosciutto wraps around the prawn very tightly as it cooks.
- For the rocket aioli put the garlic, salt, egg yolks, lemon juice and rocket into the food processor and blend for 30 seconds.
- When this mixture is starting to thicken, slowly pour the oil down the feeder shoot. As it takes, you can add the oil a little more quickly until finished.
- Use immediately or store for up to five days.
- Serve the prawns ready to dip in pots of the aioli