A scrumptious duck dish with a tangy sauce
Roasted duck breast with Orange marmalade sauce
- Duck breast with skin on (1 per person)
- Salt and pepper
Orange Marmalade Sauce
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (light)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Lightly season the duck breasts with a little salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat a pan well on a medium to high heat, place the breasts skin side down using no oil and cook for three minutes until the skin begins to brown.
- Turn over and cook for another minute.
- Place breasts into a hot oven 200C for eight minutes
- When cooked, remove from the pan and rest the breasts for approximately five minutes. This will allow the juices to settle.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine orange marmalade, orange juice, soy sauce, mustard and garlic. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat and simmer three to four minutes. Serve with the duck.
Recipe by Lee Faulkner | Images by Andrew Coates