Jerome Leray has won the prestigious Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award at the 2019 Community Achievement Awards and was presented by Louie Gorgijeski, Regional Manager, Prime Super. With hundreds of nominations, Jerome Leray won the Award from a strong field of community contributors.
The winners were announced on Friday 29th November at Royal on the Park Brisbane, hosted by Kendall Gilding, 7NEWS Presenter.
Almost 400 guests gathered from across the State including official guest The Hon Coralee O’Rourke MP, Minister for Communities and Minister for Disability Services and Seniors, to celebrate Queensland’s high achievers. Jerome Leray of Goondiwindi is developing an ecosystem of agricultural innovation. In 2017, Jerome founded InFarm, an agricultural artificial intelligence company that uses ground, drone, plane or satellite images to detect weeds. This drone-to-tractor platform helps save farmers up to 95% in chemical usage and turns farmers’ existing tractors into weed targeting machines. InFarm also offers new employment opportunities to rural Australia. InFarm is the first commercial business in Australia to start a project with Microsoft through the AI for Earth program. They partnered with Dell to bypass the internet and allow near real-time big data and Artificial Intelligence analytics to the farm gate.
The eight category winners are:
• Strait Support Pty Ltd of Erub – Queensland Government Small Business Achievement Award
• Peninsula Palms Retirement Village of Rothwell – Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
• Komatsu Mining Corp. of Rockhampton – Synaco Safety Award
• Nikki A Creber of Marcus Beach – Australia Pacific LNG Community Hero Award
• Stuart Stoddart of Brisbane – Pullenvale Ward Outstanding Achievement Award
• Jerome Leray of Goondiwindi – Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award
• Aquascene Charters Magnetic Island – Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
• Substation33 of Kingston – Awards Australia Community Group of the Year Award
Winners each received a $2,500 Award prize from Commonwealth Bank and a trophy.
Outback Futures was announced as the 2019 People’s Choice Award Winner and received a voucher for a 2-night Luxury Midweek Stay in one of their stylish & romantic cottages in the heart of the Glasshouse Mountains, provided by Glass on Glasshouse.
Readers also enjoyed our story on TSBE Enterprise Evening